Some of my favorite quotes

“If there is righteousness in the heart, there will be beauty in character. If there be beauty in character, there will be harmony in the home. If there be harmony in the home, there will be order in the nation. If there be order in the nation, there will be peace in the world.” - Confucius

“Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them; but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.” - Helen Keller (1880-1968) American Writer

“Democracy, like liberty, justice and other social and political rights are not given. They are earned through courage, resolution and sacrifice.” - Aung San Suu Kyi, Burma

“Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'” – Anonymous



Sunday, May 17, 2009

Be Thankful

I am thankful...

  • For the parking spot I find at the end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking and that I have been blessed with transportation.
  • For the noise I have to bear from my neighbours because it means that I can hear.
  • For the pile of laundry and ironing because it means I have clothes to wear.
  • For weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I have been capable of working hard.
  • For the alarm that goes off early in the morning hours because it means I am still alive!

Source: Anonymous J

1 comment:

Sharon said...

That's a lovely way to be thankful!